Charles Settlement House is helping residents access critical human services and assisting in creation of safe, secure and vibrant northwest Rochester neighborhoods. We provide a wide range of activities and programs for all ages. Volunteers are always welcome.
Charles Settlement House Senior Center
- Seniors are invited to visit our senior center at 71 Parkway
- Breakfast and lunch are served each weekday & transportation is available
- A variety of social, educational, and recreational activities are available to help seniors remain active and independent
Children & Youth Programs
- Neighborhood-based after-school program for 1st through 6th graders
- Enrichment activities including sports and recreation, photography, arts & crafts, music, dance, literacy, drama, homework assistance, service learning projects
- Summer Enrichment/Day Camp for 1st through 6th graders
- EPIC Teen Club
- Emergency food, children’s clothing closet, accessing benefits and help with basic needs
- Family Developers work with families to help them develop and reach their goals
Community & Neighborhood Capacity Building
- Charles House Neighbors in Action group is creating block clubs, identifying assets and building a healthy neighborhood
- Providing space for community meetings and services, including Notre Dame Learning Center and City of Rochester Northwest Neighborhood Services
- Stadium Estates affordable housing project in JOSANA neighborhood
Celebrate with us!
100th Anniversary Celebration & Awards Luncheon
Wed, October 25, 2017
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
The Diplomat Banquet Center
1956 Lyell Ave
Rochester, NY 14606
This will be a grand celebration of our 100 years of service to the citizens of northwest Rochester.
Join us to hear from special guest speaker, Susan Dreyfus, CEO of the Alliance of Strong Families and Communities and to help us honor long-time Community Champion, Tom Swartz.